Its Official (provisionally)


I hope that this post finds you safe, healthy and well in these tumultuous times. The present C-19 virus pandemic has wrecked havoc in so many ways, and disrupted so much of our way of living. I'll share more in my next blog on one particular way it's truly affected my family. However, through these days, I pray that these words below be faithfully real for you;


Jesus calls us by name; in cemeteries, behind locked doors, in fear, in grief . . . Jesus knows us.
Christ is with us and he breaths peace.
Christ is risen.
Resurrection is ours!

I am honored also to share, as many of you already know, that I've accepted a missionary role with InterVarsity Christian Fellowship as the National Director for Church Engagement. I hope to be actively full-time by August 1. For now, however, the role is still provisional based on my need to finish training, partnership development, and raising the necessary missionary financial support.

I'm incredibly excited about this new role as I see God marrying two of my great loves; my love for University students and my love for the Church. We are also stoked because it's a mobile position, so we won't need to move from our home of four years in Boise, Idaho. Yeah!

It's been a long and at times dark road for nearly four years. Yet, when I was presented the opportunity to just look at the job opportunity this past October, I was hooked immediately. I felt an overwhelming peace, that no matter how the process would unfold, God was reaffirming His love and call in mission upon my life.

To all our friends and family, thank you again for joining Danielle and I in thoughts, prayers, reading our not-so-short blogs, partnerships, and especially in love.

To my subscribers , I'll email soon.

All believers in Christ are called to join in prayer and in action, God's will and kingdom coming on earth as it is in heaven. We have the blessed opportunity to live these lives of hope no matter our circumstances - even in these difficult days - through the grace and power of the Spirit. We can point beyond ourselves to the One who is Hope - Jesus. This is what InterVarsity is all about as well and they are actively trying to partner with the Bride - the Church - because they too believe that God has a mission and it includes the church. And together we can be about God's mission of love and redemption.

Again, thank you so very much for your love, prayers, partnerships, and tangible expressions of support. We are forever grateful.

Happy Easter. He is Risen!





Comments

Popular Posts