Turned 40, Turning 7, Passing 10 & only 12 Months Later- Happy Thanksgiving!

Hello Dear friends, family and everyone else... Happy Thanksgiving (for our USA friends) and Happy Day to all the rest!

Worship the Lord with gladness; come before him with joyful songs. Know that the Lord is God. It is he who made us, and we are his; we are his people, the sheep of his pasture. Enter his gates with THANKSGIVING and his courts with praise; give THANKS to him and praise his name. (Psalm 100:2-14)

I've hit the 40 year old mark... I know, it's hard to believe with these undeniably young and handsome looks... But it's true! In just in a few days my baby girl will be turning 7- I know, even more crazy. I'm only a few weeks away from my 10 month marker working at Point Loma Nazarene University and even more... it's taken me nearly 12 months to blog since my last post- Crazy Times with the Whetstones!

I won't take the time to dive into the total story but here's a glimpse (literally) into our little 2012-2013 Whetstone journey...

After arriving in Pittsburgh, PA we thought we had finally arrived... Roots were being established and the kids were growing up quickly! We loved it. In the midst of joy we were kissed with sorrow. We saw the destruction of some things while the creation of other New Start(s).

While we walked through some dark times, our Lord and some incredible close friends journeyed with us... It was an incredible blessing to serve not only as a local pastor but also as the District Nazarene Missions International President for the Pittsburgh Naz District. Yet God had other things in store...

Nearly two years ago, Point Loma Nazarene University reached out to me... Long story short, a year later after several conversations, some intense interviews, a couple flights out to San Diego and an opportunity to speak at a PLNU chapel... I was offered the job to be the University Chaplain and the Director of Chaplaincy Ministries. After being offered the job in January of 2013, I began a new chapter in San Diego on February 27 and began as the new Chaplain on February 28, 2013. To steal some new language from this new culture I've been immersed in... "It's been sic!"

I suffered through two months of living on my own in SoCal while the kids finished up school and D finished up work in Mount Lebanon, PA. Then in May, the entire family was back together again and this time planting roots in San Diego, California. It is truly amazing to look back at the many places our Lord has taken us over these past 13 years in ministry together as well as the additional 6 years prior to marriage for me. I am simply flabbergasted at God's faithfulness, yet even more amazed at how He has shaped me and Danielle for "such a time as this."

We truly miss our New Start family in PA, as well as the many other fellowships and friends we have globally. Yet, we know that they are in God's hands and that we were brought together at different times throughout our journeys for His purposes. God's grace does cover and goes before us all. And we are extremely grateful to have been but small means of His grace at different times, in different places and to different people.


Danielle is enjoying being back in her old stomping grounds - PLNU is her Alma Mater. She even blogged a few months ago... - A new Whetpebbles post after her 2 1/2 year hiatus... check it out! The kids have adjusted to shorts and t-shirt weather being year round. We have found a wonderful new church family where we can be, serve and grow - Peace River Fellowship!

I'm thoroughly enjoying the opportunity to serve my King at PLNU, with an incredible staff and faculty and some down right beautiful, gifted and lively students. I LOVE going to work everyday and we love being where God would have us. BIG NOTE: we're looking forward to sticking around for a VERY long time!

As we enter into yet another Advent season this coming Sunday I am eagerly anticipating the God who comes into our lives, to once again advent in a brand new way. I am filled with Hope and Joy of how He will shape me and my family once again. I am longing for Love and Peace to fill me a new, so that I may be His Love and Peace to others. And I look forward to finding new ways to participate in His kingdom activity, while pointing beyond myself to the one who comes into all our lives daily!

These words from Carlo Carretto speak volumes to me since I know that what I hope for can only be accomplished in life together- in community of which I have much thanks.

"By ourselves we are not capable of love. God who comes to us as presence, as grace, as eternal life teaches us to love. The mystery revealed to us by Christ is not only love between two; it is love between three. Eros is transformed into agape, the couple is transformed into a family, human love is transformed into a banquet." May we be transformed together!


Finally, THANK YOU everyone for your prayers, support and love. We are here because of our Lord, but not without community. So, thank you and don't quite praying! AND... if you're interested in hearing any of my Freshman fall (or 2013 Spring) sermons - listen here! Or if you're feeling so inclined to see what life might be like to be a Campus Pastor at Point Loma Nazarene University, check this video out!

And if for those interested in just seeing how big Nat, Jer and Caleb have gotten, here ya go...

Until next time (less than 12 months), as Natalie likes to say now, "Ta ta!" and enjoy some Thanksgiving Ice Cream (with Apple Pie, Pumpkin Pie or just whatever)...




Comments

Anonymous said…
Tim and Danielle, we celebrate God's grace working in your marriage, family, and ministry. We love you forever!

Daniel and Carol Ketchum
April Baggott said…
We love you guys and so proud! Hopefully we can meet up one day! : ) Maybe you need a missionary/whatever you call us speaker at PL or maybe we need a Chaplin speaker in Mobile!

the Baggott's
Unknown said…
Hey Tim, about time you updated things! Be assured of our love and prayers. If you come out east let me know, would love to have you speak on our church here. It would be great to see you.
Take care old man! You are loved, prayed for and appreciated!
Ken said…
Searching for misc. "Whetstone" data I stumbled upon your blog. Sounds like you and your family are doing well. Congrats on your new calling!
Best regards,
Ken Whetstone
ps I too have a blog, thought not as well written as yours is.
http://2mbstonestravels.blogspot.com/

Popular Posts