Christmas 2010 came, went, and now what?

Christmas with three kids under the age of 5 is always fun. Throw in some extended family time, travel, and living with my folks and you've got a whole-lott-a-somethin'!

This past month was filled with a whole lot of somethings as we ventured out on some fun-filled holiday family adventures to see family, ride on Santa's Paradise Express Strasburg Railroad, hung out at a Christmas tree farm and a couple toy train exhibits, and a little eggnog of course! All in all, the holiday season was in full force! Take a look at a ton of pics here.

Yet, as I reflect on this past wonderful season, I guess it's the "somethin" that us five little Whetstones have been living through for nearly a year now, that can get a bit exhausting. But in the midst of what seems to be a never ending weariness, I'm rejuvenated by words - or better yet, promises like: "plans to prosper you and not to harm you... give you a future with hope", "I will never leave you nor forsake you", "for your steadfast love is as high as the heavens; your faithfulness extends to the clouds", "peace to you", "do not be afraid", "be strong and courageous", "consider it pure joy", "those who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength, they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint" and more. . . But what does it mean to be weary, exhausted and yet have the strength to go on. Even more, to move forward.

Some of the great fiction writers like Tolken and Lewis always developed characters that seemed to have similar struggles. Granted, we may not fight creatures such as we read about in these great novels (or see in the movies), but I would dare to say that we all fight some sort of beings that seem to want to drag us down in much of our lives. Where does that "will" or gutteral "umph" come from? Is it merely something we conjure up? I doubt it, because I seriously would have given up a long time ago. I've come to realize that my own will when left to self tends to self-destruct. So it's here that I come back to the promises listed above. . .

I need not be afraid, because I do believe that there is a future with a hope and I am able to run, walk, and even skip daily considering it pure joy because my character is being sculpted more and more to be like my Savior - the one who came, and my Lord- the one who still comes (even when I fail) as He will come in all His full glory some day to reconcile all of creation!

I've written more than I intended, but I hope I've been an encouragement to those who've stuck with me and read this post. Before I close, I'd just like to thank the MANY MANY people who blessed us this past Christmas. You're gifts, cards, contributions and above all LOVE has filled our hearts, minds, and bodies (literally) with nourishment! Thank you!

Lastly, Tim is still looking for a full-time job but in the inbetween time we have committed to help in all ways possible with a new church plant in Delaware - LIFE NOW. As well as that, Tim has also gone full-time as a freelance speaker/preacher/teacher. If interested in booking him or finding out more, please don't hesitate to contacts us here or on his Facebook page.

Thanks again to everyone - Happy New Year and check out our new photos of the past month here or right here on our blog site, as well as a short video from our kids:

Comments

Popular Posts