1 Month Old . . .

Happy New Year everyone!
This is a most definite "happy" one for Danielle and I. Natalie turned 1 month old two days ago, and then last night we celebrated the "birth" of a new year-- that is of new things. I believe the word "new" has taken on a much deeper meaning for me, and most likely will continue to in 2007!

I obviously am experiencing some things for the first time, while other, what seemed to be "ordinary things", are now experienced in an entirely brand new way . . . This is both exciting and I must admit tiring! Christmas passed and New Years day is smack dab upon us, but for the three of us little folk, we love it! I mean really who would of thought me, Timmy, teaching my baby girl (or at least trying) three different languages at one time. Don't be fooled by the picture, we are not attempting French!

After spending a great night with a great bunch of friends at one of their homes-- well, honestly in their barn . . . (What would New Years Eve be without a little Sinatra Karaoke?!
Timmy and Ron went to town on New York New York. And Timmy's New York accent was most definitely in full force! We are most definitely enjoying our new church family-- Lighthouse Church of the Nazarene in Daphne, AL rocks!


Anyway, this all-nighter was nothing compared to a couple nights ago. However, this morning was not only a celebration of 2007, but filled with cheering over little Natalie! . . . Why? Well, Natalie slept an entire 5 hours! Normally we would have been waking her up to eat, but we oursleves overslept and it FELT GOOD!

Therefore, with rested bodies and minds, we wish you all a very Happy New Year and as our pastor said last night, let's look for a "revolution" this year and not just an ordinary "reslolution". What's the difference? Well . . .

As most of you reading this know me, you probebly have guessed that this statment has been floating aroung my brain since I heard it. In fact, my mind has been thinking a lot about this little statement, and most of the time with a little cafe' in hand! In my provoking afterthoughts, I would have to say that I am all for a "revolution", that is one founded, driven, and overflowing in love. I think much like the revolution that's been going on inside me everytime I look at my baby girl, whether she's crying, smiling, sleeping, or just dazing (which seems to be the most prominent feature at the current time) so a revolution of love with Christ and for our world needs to take place. I truly never dreamed that I could love another girl as much as I do Natlie, but don't worry, Danielle has nothing to worry about! In fact, I think my love for Natalie has even brought about a new and fresh love for my wife. How is this possible? Ya know, I guess there are just some mysteries better left lived than wasting time trying to solve them?! But, if I were to guess, maybe it's in the "way of love" that is, in Christ and being a part of all one can do to celebrate his desire to change our world and not merely make it a "better" place, but a "redeemed" and "reconciled" one.

The way of love for me would be this great journey of falling deeper and deeper in love with my Lord and in turn loving my world in a revolutionary manner, where people will most definitely notice a difference. AND not be scared away by this difference but be attracted to it! Just maybe some you would like to join me in this great and dangerous revolution?

While your thinking (or not) about the ramblings from Timmy's brain that I just left above in this blog, how about some really incredible pictures of our baby girl? Enjoy!
OHH . . . face plant! I guess her legs are getting so strong-- that's for her future soccer career of course!?
Don't I look pretty for Christmas mommy?!
Hey, what do you expect? It's my 1 month birthday! So can you move, I'm trying to watch the TV!

With Grandma Murray and . . . Grandpa Murray!

Have a great year everyone!

Comments

Popular Posts